Thursday, January 27, 2011

As If I Didn't Have Enough Reason to Eat Healthy......

Sometimes, when I'm running a little dry on material, I'll scan TMZ.com for stories to joke about.  Not since the National Enquirer has any one place been so full of hot mess that it'll make your head explode.  I actually have to ration it out or it'll overwhelm me.

Of particular note is a story about our famous All-American Original, Flavor Flav.  Evidently, he's starting a fried chicken joint.

Really, Flav?  A chicken joint?
Yeah, this face makes me want to eat fried chicken.....talk in permanent slang,  get a grill, go on welfare....

Y'know, I'm strangely reminded of the fact that comedian Eddie Griffin made fun of this kind of phenomenon in the movie Undercover Brother.  Flav, I want to let you know how much I appreciate you resurrecting just about every Black stereotype to come out of the 70's.  I felt my afro growing just watching the commercial.


...and in Clinton, Iowa?  Really?  There are Black folks there?  I'm just saying.......
I remember going to Mankato, Minnesota once and I was practically an event.  Little kids wanted to touch me to see if I was real.

Anyway, best of luck to you, Flav.  Your efforts to revive blaxploitation in edible form will go down in history, I'm sure.  Please remember to put watermelon on the desert menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment